Wednesday, September 1, 2010

last night "pigeon funeral"

we went over to visit my father last night whom evidently has a pigeon problem up on top of his house. he said it was "like the alfred hitchcock birds" (meaning nothing to me) and as he has a tendency to, how should i say... embellish stories; i wasn't sure until i saw it just what he meant. he had about 20 birds up on top of his house. now my concern was certainly that these nasty beasts were flying over the pool we were supposed to swim in but either way it was just nasty.
my father shows my 7 year old son mike the traps he is going to use to catch the birds. the plan, as unfortunately explained to the seven year old, is to catch the birds, throw them in the pool to drown them (don't call peta) and then take them to the dump.
Mike decides that the pigeons need a funeral. before i know it, he is inside with a sharpie in hand writing "RIP" on it. this is what he then explained to me, "mom these are the tombstones for the birds. we will bury one in the garden. we'll all stand around, say nice things about the birds, hug, and then walk away." sounds legit to me. my father's plan is to save one for a "viking funeral" in the back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment